* Approved as a vocational program under the Private Career Colleges Act, 2005
Civil engineering is a profession that dates back thousands of years. Civil engineers design and supervise the construction of the infrastructure that is essential to daily life. Aiding the civil engineer in this job are the technologists who use drafting and design tools to bring the engineer’s ideas to fruition.
From office buildings and airports to sewage plants and transportation systems, civil engineers and their technology teams have a hand in building it all. The technologist or drafter uses CADD (computer-aided design and drafting) and other technologies to help design buildings and other structures.
Learn how to:
– use computer-aided design and drafting (CADD) software and structural analysis software to draw, design, and produce graphics for the construction buildings
– project manage, laboratory soil test and determine construction material suitability.
● Introduction To Architectural And Structual Design
● Building Science And Home Inspection
● Ontario Building Code
● Drafting Systems: Autocad
● Drafting Systems: Revit
● Design&Drafting Systems: Microstation
● Structural Analysis And Design Using ST
● Autodesk Land Development Desktop
● Precision Estimating With Sage 300 Construction And Real Estate
● Project Management Using Primavera
● The Job Preparation And Career Development
An Ontario Secondary School Diploma or equivalent, OR
Students are 18 years of age or older and pass the program entrance examination.
● Civil Drafter/Designer/CAD Technician/Technologist
● Municipal Technologist
● Civil Technologist