Canadian SciTech College

Financial Aid

Better Job Ontario
What is Better Job Ontario funding?

The Better Job Ontario strategy launched by the Ontario Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities pays for the training or education that Ontarians require to get a better job. It provides financial help up to $28,000, or more in some cases without loan.

Can you apply for Better Job Ontario funding?

Definitely yes, it is there for you if you meet anyone of the followings:

● You received Employment Insurance after Jan. 2005
● You have been laid off from a job after Jan. 2005
● You are currently unemployed or working in a temporary job
● You left the job because of sickness
● You took a maternity leave then didn’t return to a full time job now
● Your employment contract finished
● Your employment contract finished

Even if you’re receiving Employment Insurance (EI), or have in the past, you can still apply.

If you are eligible, there’s never been a better time to apply for advanced skills and programs training in the career of your choice.

How much does it cover?

It’s a financial aid up to $28,000, some case even more, which can cover some or all of the following expenses depending on your specific case:

● Tuition
● Living Expenses
● Help caring for dependents
● Travel
● Transportation
● Disability supports
● Other living and training costs
● Books

Want to have more information? Call to see what we can help!
Ontario Work (OW)

If you are receiving social assistance (Ontario works), you may be eligible for being paid with training costs through Individual Services and Supports (ISS)

What courses the criteria?

Courses or programs of study must:

● Last 8 months or less
● Cost no more than $10,000
● Not be eligible for OSAP funding

Job-Specific Skills Training

The goal of ISS is to help you get the training you need to become employed in specific industry, such as pharma-medical related industry.

Want to have more information? Call to see what we can help!
Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP)
ODSP – Income Supports

If you are receiving Ontario Disability Support Program Income Support, the Employment and Training Start Up Benefit can help pay for items you and your family need to start:

● a training program
● a new full-time or part-time job
● your own business
● an approved employment activity, such as a job search.

ODSP – Employment Supports
What is ODSP Employment Supports?

It’s for people with disabilities who are able to work and want help to find a job.
ODSP – Employment Supports can help you even if you have never worked before, have been out of work for some time, or are in school.
Once you start working, you can also get assistance to keep your job or to advance your career.

Who is Eligible for ODSP Employment Supports?

To be eligible for ODSP Employment Supports, you must

● be 16 years of age or older
● be a resident of Ontario
● be able to work in Canada
● have a disability that is expected to last a year or more, and
● have a disability that makes it hard for you to find or keep a job.

Want to have more information? Call to see what we can help!
The Targeted Initiative for Older Workers

The Targeted Initiative for Older Workers is jointly funded by the governments of Canada and Ontario, it will help unemployed older workers increase their ability to find and keep a job whiles the local economy changes.

Financial Aid Available to Those Who Quality:

● aged 55 to 64
● unemployed
● legally entitled to work in Canada
● lack skills needed to find a new job, and
● live in a vulnerable community – one with high unemployment, largely dependent on a single employer or industry and has a population of 250,000 or less

Want to get more infomation? See what we can help!
Youth Employment Fund program

The Ontario Government is assisting youth with employment opportunities through the Youth Employment Fund (YEF).

Financial Supports are also available for eligible youth to cover costs like transportation, clothing or tools required for the job.

You may be eligible if you are:

● Between 15 and 29 years of age
● Unemployed
● Not attending school full-time
● A resident of Ontario.

Want to get more infomation? See what we can help!
RESP (Educational Assistance Payments)

The RESP is a tax-sheltered education savings account that can help you, your family, or friends save for a child’s education after high school. It is also registered by the Government of Canada.

How to withdraw funds from your RESP?

Once the child (the RESP beneficiary) has graduated from high school and enrolled full-time or part-time in a qualifying post-secondary educational program, you can request, on his or her behalf, to withdraw money from the RESP to help pay for their studies.

When you withdraw government payments or interest earned from an RESP account, that money is called an Educational Assistance Payment. Educational Assistance Payments include the interest earned in the RESP as well as any Canada Education Savings Grants, provincial grants and Canada Learning Bonds received. You can use this money to pay for post-secondary school expenses like tuition, books and transportation.

Want to get more information? See what we can help!

Canadian SciTech College